Summer is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a fresh new color palette for your beach house decor? The true summer color palette is the perfect choice for those looking to create a serene and calming atmosphere. With its cool and muted tones with blue undertones, this palette is ideal for capturing the essence of the sea and sky. In this blog post, we will explore the true summer color palette and the benefits of incorporating it into your beach house decor.
Exploring the True Summer Color Palette
1. Popular Colors of the True Summer Palette
The true summer color palette consists of cool and muted tones with blue undertones, evoking a sense of calmness and relaxation. The colors include:
- Powder Blue: A soft blue-grey color that gives a calming effect, making it a perfect choice for beach house decor.
Powder Blue in True Summer Color Palette. Source: Pinterest
- Light Gray: A soft and cool-toned gray that pairs well with all the other colors in this palette.
Light Gray in True Summer Color Palette. Source: Pinterest
- Seafoam Green: A pale green color that has a hint of a blue undertone, which makes it ideal for a coastal-themed room.
Seafoam Green in True Summer Color Palette. Source: Pinterest
- Dusty Rose: A muted pink with a hint of blue-grey, perfect for creating a relaxing and romantic atmosphere.
Dusty Rose in True Summer Color Palette. Source: Pinterest
- Soft White: This is a pure white with a slightly blue undertone that's perfect for creating a light and airy look.
Soft White in True Summer Color Palette. Source: Pinterest
2. How to Combine Them for a Cohesive Look
When using the true summer color palette in your beach house decor, it's important to balance the cool tones with warm accents for a cohesive look. Here are a few tips for combining the colors in this palette:
- Create a focal point: Choose a single piece of furniture or decor item in a bolder hue, like a dusty rose armchair or a seafoam green rug, to draw the eye and add interest to the space.
- Layer neutrals: Use light grays and whites as a base to ground the palette and make it feel cohesive.
- Mix textures: Play with different textures and materials, like woven rattan, linen, and ceramic, to add depth and interest to the space.
- Accent with metallics: Brass or gold accents can add warmth and sophistication to the palette, while silver or chrome accents can create a cooler, more modern look.
- Add tropical touches: Incorporate tropical elements like palm fronds, seashells, and natural wood accents to give the space a beachy, summery feel.
A Cohesive Look from True Summer Color Palette. Source: Living Letter Home
By following these tips, you can create a true summer color palette that perfectly complements your beach house decor and evokes the relaxing and calming atmosphere of a true summer aesthetic. In the next section, we'll explore how this palette can be used specifically in beach house decor.
- 5 Minimalist Color Palettes for Your Home Interior
- The Return of the 1970s Color Palette in Home Decor
True Summer Palette in Beach House Decor
If you're lucky enough to have a beach house, you know the importance of creating a relaxing, coastal atmosphere. One of the best ways to achieve this is by incorporating a true summer color palette into your decor. Here are some ideas on how to use this color scheme in your beach house:
1. Wall Color Ideas
When it comes to using the true summer color palette in beach house decor, the walls are a great place to start. Light, cool-toned colors like pale blues, soft grays, and cool whites are perfect for creating a calming and serene atmosphere. A muted summer color palette with subtle shades of lavender, mint, and gray-green can also work well in beach house interiors.
Wall Color Ideas for Beach House Decor. Source: Pinterest
2. Furniture and Decor Options
To complement the wall colors, consider using furniture and decor in deep summer color palette with shades of navy, denim blue, and deep sea green. White, ivory, and natural wood tones also work well in beach house decor. Rattan, wicker, and bamboo furniture pieces can add a tropical touch and a sense of texture to the space. For decor, consider incorporating clear summer color palette through glass accessories like vases and bowls or adding pops of color with coastal-inspired art or accent pieces.
Furniture and Decor Options for Beach House Decor. Source: Southern Curls and Pearls
3. Textile and Accessory Suggestions
To add texture and warmth to the space, incorporate textiles like linen, cotton, and jute. Light summer color palette of soft blues and greens in the form of throw pillows or a cozy throw blanket can bring a pop of color to neutral-toned furniture.
Textile Suggestions for Beach House Decor. Source: Pinterest
Area rugs in neutral tones with natural textures like sisal or seagrass can anchor the space and add dimension. Accessorize with beachy finds like seashells, coral, and driftwood, and consider adding a statement piece like a large woven basket or an oversized mirror to complete the look.
Accessory Suggestions for Beach House Decor. Source: Pinterest
By incorporating the true summer color palette into your beach house decor, you can create a relaxing and calming space that truly captures the essence of summer. So go ahead and experiment with different shades and textures to create a space that feels like your own personal oasis by the sea.
Example 1: A stunning coastal living room featuring soft white walls, cream furniture, and pops of coral and turquoise accents.
Inspirational Coastal Living Room Example. Source: CoffeeEcstasy
Example 2: A cozy coastal chic dining room in summer retro color palette with soft white walls, rattan furniture, and natural wood accents.
Inspirational Coastal Dining Room Example. Source: Pinterest
Example 3: A modern beach bedroom with power blue walls, soft white furniture, and light blue accents.
Inspirational Coastal Bedroom Example. Source: Hometalk
Tips for Achieving the True Summer Look
Summer is all about relaxation, warmth, and a carefree attitude, and the true summer color palette perfectly captures this aesthetic. Achieving this look in your beach house decor doesn't have to break the bank, and there are plenty of DIY ideas and professional tips to help you create the perfect atmosphere.
1. Budget-friendly tips
- Consider repurposing old furniture with a fresh coat of paint in one of the pure summer color palette.
- Shop secondhand for unique decor pieces that fit the color scheme.
- Use inexpensive accessories such as throw pillows and curtains to add pops of color without breaking the bank.
2. DIY decor ideas
- Create your own artwork using the true summer color palette. This is a great way to add a personal touch to your space.
- Make your own beach-inspired decor, such as seashell garlands or driftwood picture frames.
- Use stencils and paint to add patterns and designs to walls and furniture.
DIY decor ideas. Source: Pinterest
3. Professional interior design advice
- Consider consulting with a professional interior designer to help you create a cohesive look.
- Experiment with different color combinations and patterns to find what works best for your space.
- Don't be afraid to mix and match different shades of the true summer color palette for a unique and personalized look.
By implementing these tips, you can easily achieve the true summer look in your beach house decor without spending a fortune. You can also check out our Seasonal Decor for more tips and tricks.